As I write this I have 5346176 tabs open on my computer, and almost as many things on my mind. Please tell me you relate.
It seems there's never a shortage of things on our to-do lists... I feel like this is especially true in the Fall when our lives naturally pick up pace.
Anyway, this brings me to the metabolism boosting workout I have for you. It's one that'll get your heart rate up , target your inner and outer thighs, plus your abdominals - including the tough to tone obliques (sides of stomach.) And it's quick. You guys know I'm a huge fan of quick, and truly efficient workouts.
This workout helps boost your metabolism by using your own body resistance. It's HIIT cardio style (high intensity interval training) which means you're doing quick bursts of activity that can help burn more body fat, and in turn increase metabolic rate.
I love that it's no equipment because you can get it in ANYWHERE and that it uses your own body weight to build lean muscle mass. The more lean muscle mass you have the more efficient your body becomes at burning calories.
Check out the video BELOW, and complete circuit style 2-4x. I'd recommend getting this one in 1-2x a week. If you're feeling ambitious this can be added on to an upper body workout or steady state cardio (like walking or running.)
Looking for other ways to help your body become more efficient, and boost metabolism? I'd recommend staying away from supplements/ suspect pills and focus on some of things that are backed by science :
- Keeping blood sugar in check by eating low glycemic foods (such as oats, green vegetables, chickpeas, lentils etc.) and not going too long between meals during the day.
- Eating enough protein with your meals.
- Quality sleep - for most people this means somewhere between 7-8 hours a night. (This is the area I struggle with personally.)
- Drinking a moderate amount of coffee or green tea.
- HIIT workouts like the one below, and strength training.
No Equipment Metabolism Boosting Cardio