This crowd pleasing salad is one you'll want to make over and over this summer.
I was craving a real summery salad - and this checked all the boxes: tasty, refreshing, healthy, and nutrient dense.
The fact that it's pretty, and colorful doesn't hurt either.
This watermelon cucumber salad is seriously delicious on it's own, and the perfect compliment to any summer meal. Recently I served it with shrimp and veggie kabobs, and corn on the cob. (A dinner that practically screams summer-time.)
I love how refreshing it is, and the dressing is one you can use on so many different salad combos. It comes together very easily with just a few ingredients. I really believe once you start making your own (tasty) dressing you'll never go back to store - bought.
The lime in this one is my secret ingredient for that extra zip.
The recipe below serves about 6 , double the quantities to serve more - it refrigerates best if you add the arugula right before serving.
- 1/2 watermelon cut into cubes or triangles (*depending on the presentation you're going for.)
- 2 large cucumbers or 6 mini cucumbers
- 1 big bag organic arugula
- 1/2 cup neutral tasting oil like avocado, canola, or grapeseed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 fresh squeezed lime
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- Salt ( I like pink himalayan)
- Slice watermelon into cubes or triangles (*depending on the presentation you're going for.)
- Cut cucumbers into round slices
- Mix oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, and honey in a bowl and whisk or stir until smooth
- Add lime , a few dashes of salt and pepper to dressing and stir once more
- Mix watermelon, cucumber, and arugula in a bowl
- Drizzle dressing on top of salad
- Add a little more salt & pepper to taste
Hungry for more ? Check out this tasty summer pasta.